KSM Case Study
Georgian Hall and Cottages, Norfolk - 04.02.2015
Recently installed 70kW KSM Tuxedo multi-fuel biomass boiler.
Our client expressed a wish to install a small biomass district heating system to replace the existing oil fired boilers to their 11 bed Georgian Hall and two adjacent cottages within the estate.
After considering the different boilers available along with their anticipated fuel strategy for future use the KSM Tuxedo multi-fuel biomass boiler was chosen. Produced in Denmark, the KSM Tuxedo benefits from high quality production as well as being able to take biomass pellet, woodchip and batch logs as fuel.
This multi-fuel capability enables the estate to make maximum use of their own log wood fuel production whilst also enabling the solution to take advantage of either wood chip or wood pellet in the future.
The whole system was installed and commissioned by Christmas 2014, enabling the estate to take maximum advantage of the significant cost savings and RHI payments for winter 2014.
A summary of the system:
- 70kW KSM Tuxedo biomass boiler with integrated fuel store (wood chip and wood pellet).
- 2000ltr buffer tank.
- Integrated fuel store with hydraulic lid and sweep auger.
- 40kW heat exchanger to hall.
- 2 x 15kW heat exchanger to each cottage.
- Capital cost under £55,000 from initial consultancy and design to completion and commissioning.
- Installed and commissioned within six weeks from date of order.
- Initial return on investment (ROI) in excess of 21% for year one.
- Full capital payback within five years of commissioning.
- Estimated profit over twenty years in excess of £200,000.